Tomás Leal, Jr., MS
Mr. Leal is an experienced change strategist and a diversity, equity and inclusion practitioner and consultant. He has worked with executive teams and senior leaders across organizations to develop and execute global strategies and learning that support workforce initiatives resulting in inclusive, high performing and innovative work environments.
His focus is on diverse global talent management, Diversity & Inclusion executive coaching, inclusive leadership, learning and development, inclusion strategies, gender equity, cross cultural competency building. He has experience working across industries, and worked in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, the Caspian region, and Asia.
For the past 23 years, Tomás has held diversity and inclusion roles based in the U.S. and the U.K. with Amoco Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell, British Petroleum, ITT Corporation, Microsoft, and GlaxoSmithKline. Working across global business regions, Tomás has created D&I strategies, metrics and action plans that are locally relevant and aligned with globally driven business strategies. In addition, he has developed and delivered learning and development training programs for executive teams and organizations at large, in inclusive leadership, unconscious bias, race and racism, sexual orientation, trans, and gender differences.
- Most recently he was the Chief Diversity Officer at Fielding Graduate University. Before that he was Senior Director and Global Inclusion Strategy Lead for Research & Development at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK).
- He led and consulted with top executives across the R&D business on the development and execution of global inclusion strategies that support senior leaders, managers, and individual contributors.
- Prior to this, he was the Director of Global Diversity and Inclusion at GSK.
- Tomás has degrees from the University of Texas at Austin and Indiana University-Bloomington. Completed the Diversity Management Certification from National Training Laboratories (NTL) and NTL’s master class, Inclusion & Diversity: Moving to the Next Level of Impact.
- Active in several community and professional organizations, including past member of the Board of the National Hispanic Corporate Council (NHCC); he served as executive coach and advisor to the U.S. Latino Leadership Initiative at the SMU Cox School of Business; served as a Public Trustee for Fielding Graduate University; he was a Trustee for the Pennsylvania Women’s Law Project; a member of the Board of Directors for the American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education.